What is the OEC?
The exit clearance come in the form of an E-Receipt (electronic receipt) or an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) certifying to the regularity of a workers recruitment and documentation and ensures exemption from travel tax and airport terminal fee. It is presented at the POEA Labor Assistance Center (LAC) and the Bureau of Immigration (BI) counter at the airports, prior to departure.The E-Receipt or OEC serves as the worker’s guarantee that he/she is covered by government protection and benefits.
When the Aupair Visa is approved you need to go to POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration) at POEA Bldg., Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City that’s the building located in front of Robinsons Ortigas.
Step 1. First of all you need to prepare the document be sure to have the originals and photocopies with you when you go to the POEA office. The following documents are needed:
- Au pair contract- signed by the au pair and the head of the host family duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway or the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Copenhagen Denmark. (Contract with red ribbon )
- Copy of passport- the information page with your pictures/info and the most important the page where the stamped valid au pair visa.
- 2×2 ID picture
Upon submission of the 2 documents above they will check if you have the right documents then you will be referred or endorsed to accredited DOH (Department of Health) medical clinics and OWWA PDOS seminar.
Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)
- PDOS Room at the 2nd Floor POEA Bldg.
This is a seminar conducted for departing Filipino Overseas Workers which includes aupairs to address their concerns in their host countries
- Travel regulations;
- Immigration procedures;
- Cultural differences;
- Settlement concerns;
- Employment and social security concerns; and
- Rights and obligations of Filipino migrants
- Here are the steps when attending the PDOS seminar:
- Present the PDOS endorsement form and register at the designated desk outside the PDOS Room at the 2nd Floor
- Attend the seminar on the designated schedule.
- Get the Certificate of Attendance from the PDOS Officer
2: Medical Examination
You need to find the cheapest medical clinics prices ranges from 1,500 php and above. When you have any dental problems you need to have it done outside not in the medical clinic because they charge higher than dental clinics. Ask around or like the Filipina Aupair Facebook Page and ask the experiences of aupairs who underwent the medical examinations maybe they can refer cheap clinics.I think the examination will take around 1 day if you don’t have any health problems and the clinic will issue “FIT FOR WORK” certificate.
Note: Since the PDOS is scheduled once or twice a week I supposed that medical exam can be done while waiting for your PDOS schedule.
Payment at the POEA
Now you have to go back to the POEA to make payments just be sure to come as early as possible. Please be sure to have all your requirements with you.
- PDOS Certificate
- Medical Certificate of “Fit for Work”
- POEA processing fee: 100 US $ or PHL Peso equivalent
- OWWA membership contribution : 25 US$ PHL Peso equivalent
- PHILHEALTH : 900 PHP
- Total Amount : more or less 6,350.00 depending on the current foreign exchange rate.
Now after reviewing your documents they will issue the OEC certificate.
What is Overseas Employment Certificate?
During your departure you need to show the OEC so that you will be exempted in paying the At the Airport:
The process will take around 10 days including the Medical Exam considering that you don’t have any health problems. To avoid delay prepare your documents before going to the POEA and come early.
Note:You will present your Passport and OEC at Airport upon your departure at the airport which grant your exemption from travel tax and airport terminal fee
- Info Source:
NOTE: i’M CLOSING THE COMMENT ON THIS POST. AS OF MARCH 3, 2012 The CFO is the one conducting the Country Familiarization Seminar chech the details here